The South Island Moon Festival is managed and delivered by Strut & Fret NZ.
Our Commitment to your Privacy
How we collect your personal information
S&F collects personal information from you in a number of different ways depending on the type of dealings that you may have with us.
For example, we will collect your personal information when you buy tickets over the phone by calling our ticketing agencies and venues; or in person at our ticketing agencies and venues; or online through our ticketing agencies and venue websites.
Apart from the collection of personal information through ticket sales, S&F will also collect personal information over the phone, in person or electronically to undertake our daily artistic and administrative operations.
What information we collect
In the course of conducting our business and providing the services to you, S&F may collect the following personal information:
- Your name and address including postcode
- Contact, phone and email details
- Identification information including your login credentials
- History of your communication with us
- Your credit card details, however if you purchase tickets or make a donation through the Festival booking system, no personal details or identifiers are transmitted through the payment gateway;
- Purchase details including purchase amount, date of purchase and payment method
- Details or history of preference, opinions, interests and behaviours related to our services, and any other activities on our website and digital platforms.
We may also collect any other personal information that is needed to subscribe you to our services and this includes information that will identify you as an individual. It may include your age or date of birth. We will record information that you provide to us in other ways, for example, by interacting with our webpage, responding to marketing programs, through social media or online forums, participating in offers and promotions, or giving us your business card details at events. We may record or obtain information about you to ensure the security of your transactions with us. This might mean information from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources.
Why S&F needs to collect personal information
S&F will need to collect your personal information for a number of different reasons, dependent on the kind of dealings you may have with the Festival. For example, S&F may need more information about you when you buy a ticket so you can be notified in the case of changes in date or time of a performance, to send out information about upcoming S&F performances and also for market research purposes. At any time, you can inform the Festival if you do not want your information used for direct marketing or research purposes by contacting S&F (details below).
Use and disclosure of your personal information
S&F takes its obligations with regards to the use and disclosure of personal information very seriously. In general, S&F will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose that it was collected or for a purpose related to the primary purpose that you would reasonably expect it to be used. For example, the Festival may use your information to contact you about a change in the time of a production. If S&F wishes to disclose your information to a third party, it will obtain your consent to do so. However, there may be certain exceptional circumstances that will warrant not obtaining your consent such as circumstances where:
- S&F needs to use or disclose personal information where it believes the use or disclosure is necessary to protect any person and/or any S&F rights or property; or
- if the use or disclosure of personal information is authorised or required by law (such as if S&F is required to disclose personal information to a court in response to a subpoena).
For situations where S&F collects personal information from individuals who are not customers, the Festival will only use the personal information for the main business purpose that it was collected. For example, the Festival may have the contact details of an individual (such as a mobile or email address) who is the “point of contact” within an organisation with which it does business.
Disclosure and other organisations or third-party individuals
S&F will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent. However, S&F may disclose personal information about you in some circumstances including where contractors and service providers help it operate its business or provide a service such as:
- a company which helps S&F to operate its computer systems (whose contact details can be obtained from S&F); or
- contractors who assist the Festival to send out our mail (whose contact details can be obtained from S&F); or
- circumstances where the individual would reasonably expect personal information to be disclosed (for example, if those third parties are directly involved in the collaboration of a S&F production for which the personal information was collected).
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the data S&F collects about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether S&F processes personal information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- The right to request that S&F rectifies or updates your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that S&F erases your personal information in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that S&F restricts the use of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as while S&F considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that S&F makes an update to your personal information); and
- The right to request that S&F exports to another company, where technically feasible, your personal information that it holds in order to provide services to you.
Where the processing of your personal information is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information on grounds relating to your particular situation.
S&F will send direct marketing material to you in situations where:
- the direct marketing material is directly related to the primary purpose that the information was originally collected; and
- it would be in an individual’s reasonable expectations that the information will be used to receive direct marketing material (for example, information about related events).
At any time, an individual can choose to no longer receive marketing material. On all direct marketing, whether its form is electronic or print, there will be a notice on the material giving the individual the opportunity to agree or disagree from receiving marketing material, or “unsubscribe” from receiving further material. Because of the sensitivity of online bookings, for any online collection of personal information, you will also be given an opportunity to not receive marketing material that is generic or untargeted, such as S&F electronic newsletter.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional information from S&F, please advise S&F. You will need to allow 30 days for you records to be amended.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to browse the website and access all pages.
- Site analytic cookies (Google Analytics) – these cookies help S&F measure and analyse how you use the website.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies help S&F keep track of your site preferences and are used to deliver online marketing and advertising campaigns and materials that are relevant to you.
S&F may also use electronic images – sometimes called single-pixel GIFs, transparent GIFs, or clear gifs – that allow it to track general user traffic patterns and email open rates. The Festival may also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services.
Generally, the information collected by cookies and tracking images may be used for the following purposes:
- to keep track of your opt-in subscriptions and site preferences;
- keeping count of return visits to our website;
- accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate statistical information on email and website usage;
- to optimise online advertising campaigns and deliver you relevant marketing communications.
Keeping your personal information secure
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Access to personal information
If you require access to your personal information held by S&F, to update your information, or request that your information be removed, please make a request in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Any personally identifiable information will be deleted or destroyed but we may retain aggregate or statistical information for the purposes of record keeping or reporting.
There are certain circumstances where an exception to access may apply. These may include situations such as where providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of an individual, or where providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals, or where providing access would be unlawful or where it would prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
There may also be an exception in circumstances where providing access would reveal the intentions of the organisation in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations. However, in general S&F will welcome an individual to access their personal information. There will be no charge for the access of personal information.
Correcting and updating your file
S&F will take all necessary steps to ensure that the data is accurate, and where possible, kept up to date. If an individual wishes to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, they may contact S&F (details below). S&F will take reasonable steps to ensure that after being aware of any personal information, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, that is incomplete or incorrect will be erased or rectified without delay. The different methods by which an individual can change their details are by phone, in person, by mail or by e-mail.
If you want to withdraw your consent or want to erase the personal information we hold about you, please contact S&F at email@example.com We will take reasonable steps to respond to your request and comply to the extent required by applicable law.
Your right to anonymity
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, customers may undertake business with S&F without identifying themselves or by using a pseudonym. For example, you may purchase tickets to a S&F performance by cash payment, in person, over the counter, without being asked for personal details. Naturally, without your personal information we will not be able to contact you if a show is cancelled or details change.
S&F will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless the individual has consented to the collection of the sensitive information.
Your personal payment information
If you purchase tickets or make a donation through S&F booking system, no personal details or identifiers are transmitted through the payment gateway. If you are required to pay for the services of S&F or choose to pay for the services by credit card, your credit card details are not stored with S&F and cannot be accessed by S&F staff.
Photography/Filming at Events
By attending a Festival event or show you consent to S&F or third parties appointed by S&F to photograph and film you. S&F or third parties appointed by S&F can broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation. S&F, the third parties, and licensees are not liable to you in any way for its use.
Privacy complaints process
If you wish to complain about how S&F has handled your personal information, please provide S&F with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. S&F will endeavour to:
- provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days, and
- investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you.
For further information about your personal information held by S&F, privacy issues and the protection of privacy, please contact S&F on:
Phone: (+64) 03 3666 366